April 25, 2010


Cleanse (2010) from Andrea Solow on Vimeo.

Cleanse(2010), is a visual portrayal of a relationship with nature that encompass thoughts of ritualistic cleansing and self imposed burial.

By use of soil as a material to lather my skin, ideas about the human relationship to nature are conducted.  In most cultures, the acts of burials are demonstrated to symbolize death, to celebrate each occupant by returning it's mass to nature. 
The moon and the night sky are also present in this video.  The background my body is centered in front of indicates the celestial place of nature that I am reaching from my small terrace in Crown Heights, Brooklyn.   As my new skin consumes my body, I am unified with the sky.  As my skin virtually vanishes into the darkness of the night sky, I am unseen. I am cleansed.

No comments: